Thursday 20 March 2014

Getting there Diablo...getting there...

Well this is interesting. I've been having quite a lot of fun with Diablo 3 lately. The addicting and meaty combat system now rests atop a much improved loot system. I also managed to snatch the game for a much more reasonable price (EUR 30,-) which means I'm on board for getting RoS as it launches.

There are still a few things I'm not sure I agree with in the game like Critical hit Damage. It's fun to have a stat that can make you do so much more damage but it quickly becomes mandatory for higher difficulties. It's also just extremely alluring as soon as you get ~15% crit chance from gear and skills - which isn't very hard. It makes upgrading gear awkward. Some things that should be an upgrade because it's quite a few levels higher and has a lot more of your primary stat won't give you more DPS because it lacks or has inferior crit damage.
But we'll see how that turns out.


There's also the question of how long I'll stay interested in the game. Good thing then that I'm making sure not to spoil a thing about the game. And I mean quite frankly everything. I've only seen extremely brief moments of Act 5 and its environments, the demon enemies we'll face there and even what might be the most uninteresting quests out there. Heck, I don't even know what the grand majority of Crusader skills/runes and gear look like.

But there will be a post about spoilers in general soon. A very interesting topic if I do say so myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment